Welcoming America Affiliates and Individual Members:
- Believe the majority of U.S. residents are empathetic and compassionate people, and that this compassion is being clouded by the country’s current immigration debate.
- Believe most U.S. residents are hospitable, welcoming and inclusive of diversity and agree we have a shared responsibility to treat all our neighbors with respect and decency;
- Are dedicated to advancing the basic principles upon which the United States was founded, establishing the equality and dignity of all people, including immigrants;
- Recognize that immigrants are fellow human beings and reject the use of de-humanizing language;
- Are committed to raising the level of public discourse concerning immigrants and immigration and;
- Are committed to promoting understanding of the contributions that immigrants make to the U.S. and the effects of immigration on our communities, and to challenging common myths and stereotypes.
- Believe that Welcoming campaigns are an ideal vehicle for changing the public discourse on immigrants and immigration in our communities.