Prizes & Rules
Each month, Friends of Welcoming will award prizes to top scoring individuals and teams, usually in the form of a Prize Pack (surprise goodies may include: an organic bag, DVDs, books, and more!).
- All Prizes are non-transferable and may not be given, assigned or sold to another person. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives.
- Welcoming America does not accept any liability for Prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
- Welcoming America reserves the right to review selected charities and offer an alternative in cases where the winner’s selection does not meet Welcoming America’s donation standards.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside Welcoming America’s reasonable control, Welcoming America reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
- In the event of there being more claims than Prizes available, the name of the valid claimants will go into a drawing for the Prizes.
- A prize will not be awarded to a person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the prize or where the supply of the prize to that person would be unlawful.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to enter our contests.
- There is no age requirement.
- Entries must be sent using the formats provided.
- Keep your email address current. If we cannot contact you by email, you forfeit your winner’s status.
- The decisions made by our judges regarding each contest or drawing are final and binding.
- If a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable amount of effort has been made to notify the winner of the prize, the winner forfeits his/her rights to the winning prize.
- If an email returns undeliverable, contest sponsors will try to contact winners by phone. If no contact has been made within 21 days of winning announcement, winner forfeits his/her rights to the prize.
- You have made certain representations and warranties to Welcoming America in entering the Contest. Welcoming America has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a prize to you. Should Welcoming America or its agents become aware of any fraud, dishonesty, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Contest or otherwise, or any act or omission which might (in Welcoming America’s opinion, which shall be final) have an adverse effect on the Contest, Welcoming America reserves the right in its absolute discretion (without notice to you and/or without giving reasons) to (i) forfeit your place on the Contest; or (ii) withdraw the Prize(s).
- Failure to claim a Prize in the time or manner specified for the relevant Contest will make any claim invalid.
- You acknowledge that the interests and good reputation of Welcoming America are paramount and Welcoming America may, at its reasonable discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Contest if it believes it is in the best interests of Welcoming America to do so.
- Welcoming America reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Contest or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of your obligations, or representations and warranties, under the terms or if you otherwise conduct yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (as determined in the reasonable discretion of Welcoming America).
- In the event of disqualification, Welcoming America reserves the right to select another entrant to take part in the Contest.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, any federal, state, or local taxes, which may be deemed applicable in such winner’s jurisdiction of residence.
- All prizes will be mailed to U.S. participants free of charge.
- Winners outside the U.S. will pay postage fees (which are considerably higher.)
- All prizes distributed to winners are the sole responsibility of the prize donor(s).
- All prizes distributed by Welcoming America are sent via media mail.
- Welcoming America reserves the right to cancel contests at any time.
- A reason for canceling a contest may be lack of participation.
- Welcoming America reserves the right to modify the contest rules at any given time, including the extension of deadlines.
- No entries will be accepted from agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- The decision of Welcoming America’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void. Unless otherwise stated, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Welcoming America cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by you in entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any Prize.
- You undertake the Contest and the taking of any Prize at your own risk.
- There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Contest.
- In the case of online Contest you acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and information submitted to competitions hosted on websites owned or controlled by Welcoming America may be accessed by third parties. Welcoming America accepts no liability for loss resulting from your entry to an online Contest.
- These terms represent the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Contest or the Prize (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by Welcoming America) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. If any provision of the Terms are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from other terms and conditions and the validity of the other provisions of the Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- Contest(s) shall be governed by Georgia law.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners name, city, state, and winning entry for promotional purposes.
- Contest entry constitutes permission to use submissions without further compensation.
- Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests and interpretation of contest rules are at the sole discretion of Welcoming America, its owners, and its staff.
Welcoming America, its owners, its staff, its affiliates, its advertisers, and its prize donors are not liable or responsible for:
- any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, any contest, including entry and participation in any contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes.
- entries that do not follow guidelines.
- entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost, misdelivered, marked postage-due, or undeliverable.
- any technical or human errors, malfunctions, failures, etc. resulting in participation of contests.