- Immigrant Integration Network Internship (Part-Time, paid in Boston, MA)
- Welcoming Cities Internship (Part-Time, unpaid in Atlanta, GA or nationally)
(Summer 2013, Boston, MA)
Welcoming America is a growing national non-profit that focuses on immigrant integration by helping U.S.-born people understand and connect to their immigrant and refugee neighbors. Welcoming America has a network of 22 affiliates working in 46 communities and 21 states across the country.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating current tools, including the affiliate introduction packet;
- Analyzing reports and evaluations;
- Researching best practices of other affiliate networks;
- Creating systems that facilitate communication and connections between affiliates.
- An interest in immigrant integration
- Research experience in a workplace setting or in an upper level seminar course
- A problem-solving approach
- The ability to work independently toward a firm deadline
- Graphic design skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- A passion for creating progress
- Compensation – $500/month, approx. 15 hrs/week; 8-10 weeks from June-August
- Location: 281 Summer St, Boston MA
- Supervised by the Director of Affiliate Programs
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Ellen Gallagher, Director of Affiliate Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Welcoming America seeks intern candidates to join our team immediately or as part of a summer internship program. The Welcoming Cities Intern will help launch an exciting initiative that will convene U.S. cities and counties to support locally-driven efforts to create more welcoming, immigrant-friendly environments that maximize opportunities for economic growth and cultural vitality and position communities as globally competitive, 21st century leaders. For more information on the Welcoming Cities initiative, visit: www.welcomingcities.org.
This internship provides hands-on experience working in a dynamic nonprofit. We are seeking candidates that are excited about our mission of building more positive relationships between foreign and U.S. born Americans, and want to be part of a team working to build a movement of partners to foster more welcoming, vibrant communities across the nation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting outreach to municipal governments to invite their participation in the initiative
- Conducting research and documenting resources and promising practices to support municipal leaders
- Developing content for website and collateral
- Supporting logistics for webinars and in-person events and other tasks as assigned.
Requirements: College and graduate students applying within an internship program are encouraged. A background in social sciences, communications, urban studies or related field is preferred. Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
This position will work 15-20 hours a week, remotely or from Welcoming America’s headquarters in Decatur, GA. This position is unpaid.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.