Our member municipality program offers learning exchanges on national and international levels. Through your membership, you'll have access to government leaders across the nation who are creating immigrant-friendly, welcoming communities. We invite you share ideas and goals, and help us make our country a more prosperous and welcoming place.
What is a Welcoming City or County?
We define a Welcoming City or County as a community that:
- Plans: All relevant sectors, such as government, business, non-profit, and others, work together to create a welcoming community climate that supports long-term integration.
- Commits: Municipalities commit to institutionalize strategies ensuring the ongoing inclusion and long-term economic and social integration of newcomers.
- Builds Community: Newcomers and long-time residents find common ground and shared leadership.
- Communicates: Messages of unity and shared values permeate the community through the media, through the voices of leaders, and among residents.
- Sustains: Policies and practices are considered to ensure interactions between new and long-time residents remain positive ones and the community’s economic vitality remains strong.
- Hear from government leaders who are making the most of diversity, by creating “immigrant-friendly” welcoming plans
- Learn how large and small communities respond to demographic change and support long-term immigrant integration in a way that speaks to and benefits all members of the community
- Access new tools and resources to advance welcoming resolutions, initiatives, and strategies
- Receive support and recognition
- Participate in national and transatlantic learning exchanges that highlight promising practices from globally competitive cities
Contact Isha Lee to learn more or to join.